Hi all! In prep for Cyber Week (can we admit we’re excited?) wanted to share some steals, deals, and items to consider for gifting this holiday season.
First up, luxury gift picks:
Next, we’re poised to stock up on shirts, skirts, and sweaters. The following retailers typically have 30-50% off all items and we’re keeping our eyes peeled to post the official details as soon as they’re available:
- Ann Taylor [The Friends of Ann Event – 40% off with FRIENDS40]
- Banana Republic [40% off with code STYLE. Also applicable at Old Navy]
- Gap [40% off and free shipping with code ITSFREE]
- Eddie Bauer [Veteran’s Day Sale up to 60% off]
- J.Crew [40% off cool-weather essentials with code LAYERUP]
- Lands End [Take 40% off regular prices with code WALNUT]
- LOFT [Currently 40% off everything! Use code HAPPY]
- Talbots [Sale is on sale! Extra 40-50% off]
- Tommie Hilfiger
When it comes to beauty, we’re all about the value gift sets. Here’s what’s catching our eye from Sephora:
And Neiman Marcus:
And if you’ve got Glossier on your wishlist (us, too!) here are our giftable recommendations:
There really isn’t anything more special than a DIY’d gift. But let’s be honest, it can be hard to find classy, adult DIY options. Enter the Craft A Brew Wine Kit. Yep, you can make your own wine – what’s more adult and classy than that?! As someone who will never say no to a glass of wine, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to make my own!
The kits (which retail for $60 USD) make five bottles of wine so you’re getting a pretty good price per bottle! So, the economics of it check out. Now I’ll share some overall takeaways I have from the process itself:
- This is not a solo project – but I think part of the fun of it is sharing the experience with someone else!
- It was really cool to see the science behind wine making! Because you are turning juice into wine it’s going to go through a lot of chemical changes so don’t be alarmed if it looks a little weird or things are moving around.
- After phase one you have to get the wine out of the jug and into a pan to add some more components to get your wine to the finish line. I gotta be honest, this step wasn’t fun for me. It was a little frustrating but ultimately we (my boyfriend was so kind and acted as my wine making assistant) figured it out!
- Be sure to read the instruction manual in its entirety before starting the process. I was super excited to get to making my wine and I think if I would have read through every step it would have been beneficial.
The whole process takes a month so if you start soon you’ll have wine ready to go for Mother’s Day to celebrate all of the special ladies in your life and National Wine Day to celebrate well…your special love of wine. I also think it would be so fun to buy the kit and go through the wine making process with your mom or girlfriends! Here are some more of our favorite wine-centric items to mix in with your gift or girls night:
PS – thanks to Craft A Brew for sending me the pinot grigio wine making kit. All opinions are my own!
Whether you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart, Galentine’s Day with your girlfriends, or just trying to avoid the hype altogether, we’ve outlined some “sweet” ideas for treating yourself and others.
Spending money on lavish dinners and giant bouquets of roses isn’t always money well spent. Instead, choose a little something that will make you happy for months to come (well, except those gummy bears, we all know those will be gone in a flash!).
If we had a little cash (or a Nordstrom Note to burn) we’d consider one of these pretties:
CHANEL Rouge Coco / Diptyque Scented Candle / Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede Cologne / ‘Naked2’ Palette / ‘Naked Smoky’ Palette / Sugarfina Rose All Day Rose Infused Gummy Bears
They’re almost too pretty to eat. Almost.
[If you’re in MN, be sure to swing by the new (permanent!) Sugarfina shop at the Mall of America near the Radisson Blu.]
Could pink nails be any more fitting for Feb? Didn’t think so! Essie has nearly every shade under the sun (and we love most all of them!).
Have you seen the new Clinique Chubby Crayola Lip Crayon Box Set? Never imagined this partnership, but we don’t hate it!
If you’re looking for something nude or dark + dramatic instead, check out these new beauties from Bite Beauty @ Sephora.
*We shared more details on these products on Instagram. They were sent to us complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster.
P.S. We’re on the lookout for cute Valentine’s cards. Comment with suggestions, please!