Get to know Glossier
Glossier just celebrated their 3rd birthday and launched in the UK. All very exciting. We’ve been fangirls for a while now, but just yesterday (literally yesterday) we made our relationship with Glossier official in the form of #Glossierrep status. This means, our love for Glossier has paid off and we get to share perks in the form of 10% off your first purchase + free shipping on orders of $30+! Unlock those deals here: https://www.glossier.com/reps/martha.
To us, the original Glossier Starter Set (slightly modified version of the actual Glossier Phase I Set), includes:
Milky Jelly Cleanser + Boy Brow + Generation G + The Supers.
If I literally had to choose between just one Glossier product to use for the rest of my life it would be Generation G in Jam. While it’s a close match between Gen G and Boy Brow, I find Gen G to last a *lifetime* compared to Boy Brow, which I need to replace on the reg. So, from a value standpoint Gen G is the best ever.
Haters (and frugal friends we’ve made on the Internet) will say these $5.00 ColorPop Lippie Stix are “the same thing” or “a better thing.” TBH we still need to try them but we will. For your sake, we’ll update this post when we have a POV (point-of-view) on how the two stack up.
In my humble (but in no way professional) opinion, my favorite Glossier products (and I’m ALL CAPS OBSESSED) rank-ordered by priority are:
1. Generation G. Specifically Jam. Zip (aka Red) also looks pretty good with my fair-to-olive-toned skin and brunette hair. Jam is my daily jam and Zip helps spice up my weekend look.
2. Boy Brow. I go brown. I also got clear but unless you color your brows with powder or pencil, PASS. The pigment makes the product. Fuller brows FTW.
3. The Supers. These little bottles are appropriately named. They really are super. The Super Pack is $65 and it comes with 3 serums that suit specific skin needs, such as combating effects of stress, dullness and dehydration.
4. Milky Jelly. Like the above, this product is appropriately named. The color is milky, the texture is jelly-like, the results are totally up to par. It’s gentle, it’s effective, it’s kind of hard to ask for anything more?
5. Stretch Concealer. For when you need a little bit of extra coverage (without caking your entire face in product). I stretch a tad under my eyes and other problem areas as needed. Presto! Swipe some Wowder (#8) over the product and you’re set.
6. Body Hero Daily Oil Wash. I really like the smell. I just got this product, so not sure how long it will last, but I’m hoping forever because I’m kind of hooked on it.
7. Glossier Sweatshirt. Maybe you think I’m kidding, but I’m not. It’s warm, cozy and just makes me happy, ok? When I first purchased it (I’m the gal who is normally in navy + white striped long-sleeve tees, even to bed) I wasn’t sold on it. I looked… like an inmate in Phy Ed. But yeah, it’s grown on me. I don’t wear it out of the house (maybe I’m not cool enough?) but I do wear it around the house all. the. time. I think a need a spare for when it’s in the wash. Seriously.
8. Wowder. Puts the “wow” in powder. Pretty sure that’s how the name was invented. I’ve bought expensive setting powders, but this one is different. And cheaper. It also has fun millennial pink packaging, a matching brush, and this trampoline-style mesh that prevents spillage / messes when traveling, or just going about your daily routine.
9. Priming Moisturizer. At first I thought this was “overpriced and meh.” But it’s grown on me. For one, a lot of daily moisturizers are $$$. It’s just a really good base. Much lighter than the dense Priming Moisturizer Rich Creme (which I like, but it doesn’t make the top 10 list because I rarely use it. Ok, since winter is approaching maybe it will come back into rotation. Stay tuned).
10. Masks. These are good. They really are. If you’re super diligent with using masks on the reg, try one! Probably the moon over the green only because of versatility. If you find it hard to find time for masks they aren’t mandatory. I like them, but I don’t need them. There’s quite a bit of product inside, so they should last quite a while, which is a plus.
We promised a promo code. Here’s a link to unlock 10% off your first Glossier order, plus free shipping on orders $30+ https://www.glossier.com/reps/martha. If you want any further details on Glossier products, comment below with your question(s) and we’d be happy to provide a POV!
Original Post: Published April 10, 2016
Glossier is a modern beauty brand inspired by real life. We’re big fans of this mentality, given the “Style Tips for Real Life” angle we’ve woven into many posts over the years.
Glossier was founded by Emily Weiss, the blogger and CEO behind Into the Gloss (now leading the helm at Glossier, too). Her team of 35 employees (and counting) have set out to rethink, reclaim, and redefine beauty. Gotta love a bold and ambitious #GirlBoss!
The shift from blogging about beauty products to creating beauty products was a natural one. As they put it, “We are creating a highly edited collection of modern staples reflecting how you get ready every day, starting with the most important thing—a perfectly primed canvas (your skin!)—and working our way up.”
After hearing rave reviews of Glossier skincare products from many female friends (both on the Internet and IRL), we had to try them out. They are simple, straightforward and hard not to love!
Glossier recently launched Phase II: Makeup. A 3-piece line including Generation G Lips, Stretch Concealer and Boy Brow. Like their skin care line, these beauty basics are designed to leave you fresh & glowing : )
The reviews of this new product line have us *adding to cart* as we speak!
Shop Glossier Phase II
If you’re new to Glossier, you’re eligible for 10% off your first purchase. Shop via ➞ https://www.glossier.com/reps/martha to unlock your discount!
Did we mention it comes with adorable packaging complete with a sheet of Glossier stickers?
UPDATE: 4/20/16 – While the Stretch Concealer has been SOLD OUT for some time now, we were able to get our hands on Generation G Lip Color (in Crush), Boy Brow in Brown & the Mega Greens Galaxy Pack aka ‘juice cleanse for your face.’
As anticipated, we understand why these products have a cult-like following, and anxiously anticipate future product lines (and current ones coming back in stock)! Shop Glossier skincare and makeup on Glossier.com.